Updated: May 19th, 2017
Office 365 Migration: What You Need to Know
The migration to Office 365 is happening this summer and we need YOUR help!
Your email will be migrated automatically from Google (current system) to Office 365 on the weekend of June 17/18. When you log in after the migration, you will be automatically redirected to your new Office 365 email account. Your email address will change from @mail.uoguelph.ca to @uoguelph.ca. All email coming to your current @mail.uoguelph.ca will be automatically forwarded to your new account.
What you need to do BEFORE the migration:
- Back up your Google Drive files before the migration so that you can upload them to your new OneDrive after the migration. You can do this manually if you don't have a lot of data, or follow the instructions on Migrating your files from Google Drive to One Drive.
What you need to do AFTER the migration:
Your email will be migrated for you. However, if you regularly use your Gryph mail calendar, contacts and Google Drive files, you will be responsible for migrating those to Office 365. You will also need to download the Outlook Mobile App to ensure you receive your email on your phone. Please visit the links below to find simple, step-by-step instructions on how to perform these post-migration tasks. The timing is up to you, but consider migrating these items before your return this fall – less stress during those busy first weeks.
- Migrating your Calendar from Gmail to Office 365
- Migrating your Contacts from Gmail to Office 365
- Migrating your files from Google Drive to One Drive
- Downloading the Outlook Mobile App onto your mobile device
Please note that you will have read-only access to your current Gryph Mail (Google) account for a period of time - likely until summer 2018. Read-only access means no send/receive capabilities in your Google email, and no editing/sharing/creating capabilities in Google Drive.
Be sure to check your Gryph Mail over the summer leading up to the migration to stay informed.
-The Office 365 Team