Updated: March 30th, 2017
Office 365 Migration: What You Need to Know
The migration to Office 365 is happening this summer and we need YOUR help!
Your email will be migrated automatically from Google (current system) to Office 365 on the weekend of June 17/18. When you log in after the migration, you will be automatically redirected to your new Office 365 email account. Your email address will change from @mail.uoguelph.ca to @uoguelph.ca. All email coming to your current @mail.uoguelph.ca will be automatically forwarded to your new account.
What YOU need to do after the migration:
- Download the Outlook Mobile App to ensure you can receive your Office 365 email on your mobile device.
- Manually migrate your Gryph Mail calendar, contacts and Google Drive files to Office 365.
- Be sure to check your Gryph Mail over the summer leading up to the migration to stay informed.
Please visit the links below to find simple, step-by-step instructions on how to perform these tasks. The timing is up to you, but consider migrating these items before your return this fall – less stress during those busy first weeks.
- Migrating your Calendar from Gmail to Office 365
- Migrating your Contacts from Gmail to Office 365
- Migrating your files from Google Drive to One Drive
- Downloading the Outlook Mobile App onto your mobile device
Please note that you will have read-only access to your current Gryph Mail (Google) account for a period of time - likely until summer 2018.
-The Office 365 Team