People is where personal contacts, the directory as well as groups can be accessed and where you can view any address books that have been set up for your organization. To view the People page in Outlook Web App, click the "App Launcher" icon and select "People".
Once you have entered the page you will see:
- New: Create a new contact by selecting New.
- All the places you can find contact information are located under "Directory".
- Search People: Type a person’s name here to search for them in your contacts and in your organization’s address book.
- List of all contacts in the current folder when a folder is selected from the side menu".
- The contact card for the selected person can be found here when a person is selected.
- Actions you can take directly from the contact card. Select the icons to send a message, start an IM session, or create a meeting request.
To create a contact, select the folder under My Contacts that you want to create the contact in, then select New and select Create contact.
This will open a blank contact form. Fill in any details that you want. Select the plus next to Phone to add phone numbers.
When you’re done, select Save or select Cancel to discard.
NOTE: If you want to create a new Lync contact, open Lync on the computer or device you installed it on, and then add a contact from there. For more information, see Add a contact in Lync.
Find and select the contact that you want to edit. You can only edit contacts in the folders under My Contacts. When you select a contact, you’ll see their details in the reading pane. To edit their information, select Edit. Make any changes that you want, and then select Save.
You can create a contact list in Outlook Web App. This is a group that is stored in your Contacts folder and can contain entries from your personal Contacts and from your organization’s address book.
To create a contact list, select the folder under My Contacts that you want to create the group in, then select New and select Create contact list.
This will open a blank group form. Enter the group name that you want and any notes. To add members, type the name of the person you want to add in Members. Outlook Web App will search for a match in your Contacts and in your organization’s address book. If a match isn’t found, you can search for that person. You can also type an email address directly into the Members fields. Press Enter to add your selection to the group.
When you’re done, select Save or Cancel to discard.