Database hosting environments available:
- Microsoft SQL Standard Server 2008R2 running on VMWare hosted on MS Windows 2008R2 Servers
- Oracle Standard Edition Database 11gR2 hosted on RH Linux
The services offered includes the following:
- a secure shared environment
- creation and maintenance of database instance
- backup and recovery measures to safeguard contents
- monitoring and maintenance of space usage within the database
- monitoring and maintaining availability and performance
- provisioning and monitoring of security measures within the database environment
- creating or recreating new directory instances as per agreement
- patching and upgrade of environment to new versions of vendor software
Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition is suitable for most business and service applications typically deployed at the departmental level within the University or to satisfy specific vendor requirements
The Oracle Standard Edition is suitable for strategic enterprise applications such as those deployed by Finace and Human Resources or to satisfy specific vendor requirements.
The service includes database licenses and essential database administration including updates, maintenance, storage management, backup, and recovery. The service does not include support for application development, application coding, web development, query optimization, Database Schema Design, or T-SQL scripting.
Microsoft SQL Server - There is no charge for this service.
Oracle - There may be an additional licensing fees depending on requirements.