- Powered by WordPress
- Quick to create and launch a simple website
- Self-serve documentation and help always available
- Sites are themed to increase AODA and University brand compliance
- No design or web development skills required
- Secure platform with updates and patches provided by CampusPress
- Use custom registered domains (e.g. yoursite.com ) or University subdomains (e.g. yoursite.uoguelph.ca)
If you are a faculty member who only wishes to have a profile page, please contact the website manager for your department to create/edit a profile on your department's website.
This service is free for Fiscal Year 2019-20.
$50/year will be charged beginning in Fiscal Year 2020-21.
This fee does not include costs associated with custom domain name registration. If you would like to use your own domain name, such as https://www.examplelabsite.com, we can register the domain for you, at an additional cost.
The CampusPress service offers a University of Guelph-branded, AODA-compliant theme that takes care of the majority of work for you.
Note: Content creators using this service are still responsible for making sure the content of their sites is accessible. According to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA):
- any new public websites, significantly refreshed websites and any web content posted after January 1, 2012 must meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A.
- Beginning January 1, 2021, all University of Guelph public websites and web content posted after January 1, 2012 must meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA, other than success criteria 1.2.4 (live captions) and 1.2.5 (pre-recorded audio descriptions).