Mailing lists at the University of Guelph are managed by L-Soft's LISTSERV™ mailing list management software. Lists may be established for groups such as an academic course, a group of people who pursue a particular academic or research interest, or members of a club or committee. Each list is controlled by one or more list owner(s) who are responsible for maintaining and managing the list.
There are four standard types of lists which are:
1. Public Discussion:
- Anyone can join this list and any subscriber of the list can post
- This type of list is for people to have a discussion over email and is open to the public
2. Private Discussion:
- List owner adds subscribers to the list and any subscriber can post
- This type of list is for people to have a discussion over email but by invitation only
3. Private Moderated:
- List Owner adds subscribers and posts must be approved by the list editor
- This type of list is for a moderated posting and by invitation only
4. Private Announcement:
- List owner adds subscribers and only the owner can post
- This type of list is for announcements that only an invited group may see
To begin creating your listserv or modifying your listserv, click the Request Service action button at the top of this page. Further information on listserv mailing lists is available.
There is no charge for this service as it is provided by CCS.