- Answer sheets are processed within three business days.
- Original answer sheets are returned to the instructor.
- Corrupted answer sheets (that is, sheets that will not go through the scanner) are identified for the instructor by a note attached to the sheets when they are returned.
- Instructors can change a test’s correct answers and their mark values online without re-scanning the answer sheets.
- Instructors can grade the tests online and generate reports. They can also create data files for importing the grades into the University’s course management system (D2L) or gradebook (WinMarks).
- Note: The test scoring system does not archive results from previous semesters. After Test Scoring results have been returned to the requesting department, the department is responsible for maintaining its own archive of test scoring results from previous semesters.
For information about the Test Scoring System, refer to its User Guide. To access the User Guide:
- Browse to the Test Scoring System at testscoring.ccs.uoguelph.ca.
- Log in using your University of Guelph central login account.
- Click the View User Guide link at the top of any page.
- Instructors can grade multiple-choice tests more efficiently and more accurately.
- Original data is stored and easily accessible.
- The service can process only one type of answer sheet. It is available in two colours: Staples Item - Z98UG21400 (red) and Z98UG21900 (grey).
There is no charge for using the scanning service. Charge for materials:
- Test Scoring Header sheet (one sheet for each section of a test), item Z98UG00900.
- Test Scoring sheets (one sheet for each student for each section of a test), item Z98UG21400 (red) or Z98UG21900 (grey).