Web Access Management (SSO and Federation)
Web Access Management (WAM) validates access to web resources such as websites, web applications, and web-based services.
WAM can validate a single domain (for example, uoguelph.ca), multiple domains (for example, uoguelph.ca and resources.xyz), and an entire federation (for example the Canadian Access Federation run jointly by CUCCIO and Canarie). The latter case is sometimes referred to as Federated Access Management (FAM). Single Sign-On is one of the services offered as part of Web Access management
Web Access Management protects web resources and data from unauthorized use in three ways:
- Authentication (that is, validating a user's credentials),
- Authorization (that is, determining whether the validated user is entitled to the requested resources), and
- Auditing (that is, keeping a record of all unauthorized access attempts and policy changes).
There is no charge for this service as it is provided by CCS.
Support or Help
If you need help or have questions about the service please use one of the following methods for contacting CCS for assistance:
- Email Computing and Communications Services (CCS) at IThelp@uoguelph.ca
- Phone our CCS Help Centre at 519-824-4120 Ext. 58888
- Visit us at the IT Help Desk in the Library.
If you cannot access the server, there may be a scheduled maintenance or a service issue occuring. Please refer to the following for more information:
Who is eligible to use this service?
This service is available for:
|Service availability||24x7 except during scheduled maintenance periods.|
|Service requests and problems||Response times vary, however we will do our best to help as quickly as possible.|
How Do I Request or Access this Service?
To request this service, contact the CCS Help Centre. You will be contacted within 5 business days to discuss the details.