This type of storage provides a cost-effective alternative to other centralized enterprise storage solutions.
The Secondary Storage service includes the following features:
- Physically secure location for the storage arrays, alarmed and monitored
- Dual data centre uninterruptable power supplies backed up by generators
- Temperature and humidity-controlled environment
- Water leak detection
- Data centre fire suppression
- Storage arrays lifecycle managed by CCS (OS installation, configuration, patching, equipment renewals, third-party support contracts)
The Secondary Storage service is a multi-tenant service hosted on dedicated storage devices; however, the level of redundancy is limited. This is to provide a balance between cost effectiveness and appropriate levels of reliability. It is important to note that this array still implements RAID technology, thus no single drive failure will result in data loss. This storage is still significantly more reliable than consumer-grade storage.
This service is offered in the following configuration and options:
- Base service - single copy – CCS will maintain one copy of your data on one storage array.
- Optional add-on - second copy – Create a second copy of your data on a separate array where changes made to the primary copy are duplicated on the second copy. This protects your data against catastrophic failure of an array, though it does not provide point in time backups.
The service is priced at $120/TB/year. Second Copy service is an additional $120 per TB per year.