Microsoft Visio Professional
- About: Visio makes it easy and intuitive to create flowcharts, network diagrams, org charts, floor plans, engineering designs, and more using modern shapes and templates, with the familiar Office experience.
- Currently Offered Versions: Microsoft Visio Professional 2016 and Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- Availability: Microsoft Visio Professional 2016 and Microsoft Visio Professional 2013 can be purchased through the CCS Software Distribution Site
- Eligibility: Microsoft Visio Professional is only available to Staff and Faculty at the University of Guelph. Students can purchase Microsoft Visio directly from Microsoft or sign up for a free trial using an Office 365 account.
- Supported Platforms: Windows
- System Requirements: Please refer to the system requirements for Office standalone applications for MS Visio Professional 2016.
- License Information: One-time Purchase (Perpetual License). A license key is not provided or required for activation of this software. This software will automatically activate as long as your computer is connected to the UofG campus network (or VPN) and is able to contact the KMS activation server on campus. This license is valid for installation on one computer per license purchased. This software may only be installed on University-owned computers.
Installation & Support
- Prior to purchasing and installing Microsoft Project Professional 2013 or 2016, please ensure that you are familiar with the supported scenarios for installing different versions of Office, Visio and Project on the same computer.
- After you have downloaded the install files from the CCS Software Distribution site, your installation should automatically launch. If not, please locate the installer file in the specified download location and double-click to launch the installer. Follow the installer prompts to complete the installation.
- For licensing and installation support, please contact the CCS Help Centre (519-824-4120 x58888 or email@example.com).
- Installing Microsoft Project or Visio 2016 and Microsoft Office 2016 on the same computer
Lynda.Com has extensive online video training resources for Microsoft Visio for every learning level. You have access to Lynda.Com through your University of Guelph (Gryph Mail) central login account. Microsoft Visio courses on Lynda.Com are taught by people who are not just instructors, but also work in the field of designing diagrams and workflows with Visio.