ESRI - ArcGIS
- About: ESRI software is a Geographic Information System (GIS). A GIS is a computer-based mapping tool that takes information from a database about location and turns it into visual layers. ArcGIS includes a suite of integrated applications: ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcToolbox. These three applications allow users to perform any GIS task, simple to advanced, including mapping, data management, geographic analysis, data editing and geoprocessing.
- Current Version: ArcGIS Desktop 10.5, ArcGIS Student Timeout Edition
- Availability: U of G has a site license for ESRI GIS software, which allows faculty and staff to install and use ESRI software on their own computers or in on-campus teaching labs. This site license also allows the U of G community free access to online courses at ESRI Virtual Campus. Please see available offerings on the CCS Software Distribution Site.
- Eligibility: If you are a faculty, staff or graduate student at the University of Guelph, you may obtain a site-licensed copy of ESRI software for use in learning, teaching and research. However, it may only be used while you are employed, or a registered graduate student, at the University of Guelph. For general licensing information or to obtain a copy, go to the CCS Software Distribution Site.
- Our campus agreement with ESRI allows students to acquire a one year license for ArcGIS Desktop. Students can access the Student Timeout Edition offering on the Software Distribution Site to obtain their activation code. Once the activation code is obtained, follow the ArcGIS Desktop Student Timeout Edition Instructions.
- Supported Platforms: Windows
- License Information:
Installation instructions for ArcGIS 9.2 (ArcView/ArcEditor Standalone version)
Installation Instruction for ArcGIS 9.2 (ArcINFO concurrent version)
Installation Instruction for ArcGIS 10.0 & 10.1 (ArcINFO concurrent version)
Installation Instruction for ArcGIS 10.3.1 (ArcINFO concurrent version)
Installation Instruction for ArcGIS Student Timeout Edition
CCS and McLaughlin Library offer a GIS Service based out of the Data Resource Centre in the Library. The GIS Service includes access to and support for ESRI GIS software, GIS data analysis support, and a growing geospatial data collection.