- About: SAS is a powerful statistics program used by many banks and corporations worldwide and is primarily used for dealing with large data sets.
- Current Version: SAS 9.4 Release M4
- Availability: SAS 9.4 Workstation and Lab versions can be purchased through the CCS Software Distribution Site.
- Eligibility: If you are faculty, staff or a student at the University of Guelph, you may obtain the site-licensed copy of SAS for home or office use. However, it may only be used while you are employed by, or are a registered student at the University of Guelph.
- Supported Platforms: SAS 9.4 Workstation is available for Windows 64-bit and the SAS 9.4 Renewal includes SID license files for Windows 32 and 64 bit. SAS 9.4 Renewal files for Linux 64 bit are available by request.
- License Information: When purchasing SAS 9.4, there are two licensing options available one is Windows Workstation and the other Windows Lab. Windows Workstation is intended for licensing SAS on a single windows machine. Windows LAB is intended for licensing SAS on multiple windows machines residing in a single room (i.e.- a computer lab.)
- A renewal applies to individuals who have already purchased SAS and wish to renew the licensing codes for another year. A renewal does not require reinstallation of the software - it simply allows individuals to download a licensing file that is read by the SAS renewal program.
- The University's SAS software license expires annually on June 30, but you can continue to use your SAS software for a subsequent 30 day grace period. After SAS expires a renewal license must be purchased to enable the product to continue to run. Copies bought after May 1 will be eligible for a free renewal for the upcoming year starting on June 30th. This renewal must be requested by emailing the CCS Help Centre (email@example.com).
- Prior to downloading and installing this software, please ensure that you have a minimum of 30GB of available disk space on your computer and that you have verified that your system meets the system requirements for SAS.
- Download SAS 9.4 Discs 1-5 (.zip format) to your computer.
- Extract (Unzip) each of the 5 installation discs files to a location on your computer. You should have 5 folders (9C6S6V_ds01, 9C6S6V_ds02, 9C6S6V_ds03, 9C6S6V_ds04, 9C6S6V_ds05, which represent the 5 installation discs needed to install this software.
- Go into the 9C6S6V_ds01 folder and run setup.exe to start the installation
- When prompted to insert the next installation disc, point the installer to the corresponding folder.
Instructions for Renewing your SAS Licence
- SAS 9.1.3 Windows Renewal Instructions
- SAS 9.2 Windows Renewal Instructions
- SAS 9.3 Windows Renewal Instructions
- SAS 9.4 Windows Renewal Instructions
For SAS installation support, please contact SAS Technical Support
Site Name: University of Guelph
Site Number: 70075778
Help in Windows: Click on the Help option on the menu along the top of the SAS screen.
Online Documentation: SAS Online documentation contains information regarding functions, statements and procedures. The online documentations for recent versions of SAS are accessible through the SAS website.
Free e-Learning Courses Offered by SAS Education
The U of G has access to the following e-learning offerings:
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming Introduction: Basic Concepts
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming I: Essentials
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming II: Data Manipulation Techniques
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming III: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Macro Language I: Essentials
- SAS e-Learning: Querying and Reporting Using SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting
- SAS e-Learning: SAS SQL I: Essentials
If you are currently using older versions of these e-learning products, you are encouraged to replace them with the updated versions.
Accessing Your New e-Learning Courses
- The website to access is CCS Software Distribution Site.
- Select "Sign In" and enter your Central ID and password.
- Under the Institutional Use Only Software tab purchase (for free!) the SAS e-Learning package.
- Go to the SAS Training website.
- Login if you previously registered on the SAS Training website or create a new profile if you have not.
- Once you have logged in, on the far right side type or copy-and-paste your previously purchased activation code into the activation code box. Then click Submit.
- Review the license agreement and select the “I agree” box to accept it. You should now see the training in your list of active e-learning products and the date on which your access expires.
You can view SAS manuals on-line directly from SAS Inc.