Sponsored accounts are available to people who have a significant affiliation with the University and need access to the University’s computing services.
There are two classifications:
1. Academic Visitors who have an employee number, including
- Professor Emeritus – Departmentally-designated title.
- Postdoctoral – Department position.
- Visiting Professor – Visiting professor or researcher.
- Sessional (CUPE) – For sessionals hired under the CUPE 3913 bargaining group. If a sessional is not in this group, it will be a regular staff account.
- Adjunct Professor – Department position.
- Visiting Student.
Note: Employee numbers must be requested by Department Chairs, Deans, Directors, or Managers by completing the Policy and Procedures for Nil-Salaried Academics form and submitting it to Human Resources.
2. Non-academic Visitors who do not have an employee number, including guests, volunteers, contractors, etc. Also known as a “traditional” sponsored account.
Sponsored accounts must be requested by Department Chairs, Deans, Directors, or Managers by completing the online Central Login Account Request Form.
To determine the services that are available to sponsored users, refer to the Service Summary.
The length of time that sponsored accounts stay in effect depends on the type of role.
|Professor Emeritus||Perpetual, unless removal is requested by the department|
|Postdoctoral||Based on active engagement with HR|
|Visiting Professor||Based on active engagement with HR|
|Account remains for four consecutive semesters after last active appointment|
|Adjunct Professor||Based on active engagement with HR|
|Visiting Student||Based on active engagement with HR|
|Non-academic Visitor||Perpetual, unless removal is requested by the department|
When a sponsored account is concluded, its Central Login Account, email address, and all related files are removed from CCS servers.