Popular uses for Webex include web meetings, presentations, conferences, webinars, and e-learning. CCS offers Webex host licenses to students, faculty and staff for the purpose of hosting online meetings and webinars. NOTE: Not all Webex features will be available with the University of Guelph Webex service.
NOTE: Webex access is enabled by default for all faculty, students and full-time staff. All other account holders, including part-time staff and organizational users, will have to request an account using the "Request Service" button to the right.
- High capacity - up to 1000 participants
- Support for up to 200 video endpoints, e.g. room based video systems, Skype
- Integration with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Teams and Outlook Web Access for quick access to meeting controls and scheduling
- Personal Room URL (uoguelph.webex.com/meet/<userID>)
- Telephone access to meetings
For further information and a comparison of features between the available web conferencing tools, check out Which Collaboration Tool Should I Use? on the CCS Website.
There is no charge for this service as it is provided by CCS.