Summer Field School Programs
What is a Field School?
A field school is a program that includes one or more courses that are taught off-campus. Field schools combine academics with hands-on experiential learning “in the field,” allowing students to incorporate what they are learning in class with their international location.
Depending on the program, some field schools will include a course or partial course taught before students continue in the program overseas or will be taught entirely overseas. The overseas component of the University of Guelph field schools are offered in the Summer Semester, usually in May-June and are typically 2-6 weeks in duration.
Field School Opportunities - Summer 2024
Field Schools offered in Summer 2024:
- France Field School: Parisian Artists’ Studios and House Museums *NEW*
- Germany Field School: Remembrance as Reconciliation: the Dark Histories of Canada and Germany *NEW*
- Sweden Field School: Conversations with the Sami on Revitalizing Indigenous Lands and Cultures
- Netherlands Field School: Culture, Identity, and Migration
- Madagascar Field School: One Health Approaches to Conservation
- Caribbean Field School: Sustainable Tourism
Field School Applications
You must complete the online application to apply for a Field School program. Find step-by-step application information through the link below.