Your Wellness Before You Go
- Do some research on mental health while abroad and consider how your mental health might change (improve, worsen, etc.)
- Research your host country's views on mental health
- Look into the resources available to you at your host institution
- Develop some strategies to manage your mental health that would work best for you.
- Discuss strategies with a counsellor or therapist as well as discuss ways to keep in touch with them if needed
- Meet with a Peer Helper at CIP, they've been abroad and can answer questions about their experiences.
- Attend Traveller's Connection Night. An event where past study abroad participants and current students on exchange at UofG meet with outgoing exchange students to chat about their partner university.
- Keep your connection with the UofG community while abroad by applying to be a CIP Social Media Ambassador. See what options are available here
- Finally, download the Guelph Safe Travel App - this app will be able to provide you with easy-to-access resources and information.