Celebrate Pride Virtually
Image Attribution: Michael Kazarnowicz
License: CC BY-NC 2.0.
Happy Pride to our Guelph Community! Here at the School of Computer Science and the University of Guelph we are committed to an inclusive and diverse community that values respect, equity, and belonging. While we can’t celebrate Pride in person this year, here are some virtual events that you can attend from both Guelph Pride and Toronto Pride, as well as resources and information about Pride.
Join Guelph Pride for a week of Pride events hosted by community members and our schools very own Guelph Queer Equality club!
Wednesday June 3rd:
- Pride on the Street 12:00pm-12:30pm
- Jackbox Game with Guelph Queer Equality (UofG club!) 7:00pm-9:00pm
Thursday June 4th:
- HIIT & Core Workout with Bent Bar Fitness 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Get Ready with Athena McQueen 8:00pm – 10:00pm
Friday June 5th:
- Accessible Workout with Bent Bar Fitness 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Fierce! X Guelph Pride 9:00pm – 12:00am
Saturday June 6th:
- Pride Pop-up Poetry with Guelph Spoken Word 7:30pm – 9:30pm
Sunday June 7th:
- Netflix Party with Guelph Queer Equality (UofG club!) 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Workshop: Supporting Each Other Through Tough Times 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Toronto Pride has made virtual Pride events available for the entire month of June! Tune into their weekly events for workshops, discussions, and trivia! We have also highlighted some of the events held during what would have been Pride Festival Weekend below:
- Trans Pride June 26th 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- Youth Programming – Bloom June 26th 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- ASL (American Sign Language) Programming June 27th 2:00pm – 3:30pm
- Black Queer Collective June 28th 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Online Pride Parade June 28th 2:00pm – 4:30pm
University Resources and Clubs:
- OUTLine: A confidential support and resource service for individuals with questions relating to sexual orientation and gender identity, online chat and other in-person support programs.
- Guelph Queer Equality (GQE): A student group aimed at building community through social events and offering resources to students.
- Guelph Resource Centre for Gender Empowerment And Diversity: A feminist groups and community space dedicated to promoting diversity and equity through education, advocacy, resource provision, skill-building, outreach and community building.
- For more University resources visit the LGBTQ2IA+ Campus and Community Resources page.