2021 Graduation Official Hashtag: #GuelphGrad
We are still not able to celebrate Fall 2021 Convocation together in the usual way, but that won’t stop us from celebrating and sharing an important moment together.
- You will receive your degree parchment in the mail in a special convocation box. Capture the moment and tag #GuelphGrad so we can share in your celebration!
- Book a time on the red carpet at the Fall 2021 #GuelphGrad on Tour.
- Create a personalized ‘Grad Slide’.
- Gather your friends and family to celebrate YOUR moment at the virtual graduation!
Keep reading for more details:
Fall 2021 Virtual Graduation Celebration – Thursday, November 4 @ 7:00 PM (EDT)
Tune into the Watch and Engage page on November 4th at 7:00 PM (EDT) to view the premiere of the Fall 2021 virtual graduation celebration!
Fall 2021 Grad Slide
To celebrate your achievement, you are invited to create a personalized Grad Slide to be shown during the virtual graduation celebration.
The Grad Slide will feature the name used on your degree parchment, your college, degree program and academic standing. It can be personalized with a maximum 4 (four) second long ‘Grad Walk’ video OR your photograph.
Here are some tips on how best to shoot your video or capture a photo!
- If you're moving across the screen, please move left to right and ensure your whole body can be seen (approx. 5-8 feet from the camera).
- Walk, dance, cheer, bow, surf, paddle, wave…have fun and be creative! We want to see how YOU celebrate this incredible achievement. Note that videos will play without sound.
- Set your camera to its highest resolution before filming.
- Please shoot video in vertical/portrait format.
- Do not use the selfie or front-facing camera.
- For best results try to have your light source behind the camera.
- Your video should be no more than 2 - 4 seconds long. Anything longer than 4 seconds will be cut off.
- Please keep your video tasteful and note that all videos will be reviewed upon submission.
If a video isn’t your thing, you can submit a headshot photo!
- Please take photo in vertical/portrait format.
- Try to have your light source behind the camera.
- Photos should be just you – there cannot be anyone else in the photo.
- Headshots (chest and up) work best.
All fall 2021 grads will receive a separate email from NameCoach to their @uoguelph.ca address with instructions on how to record their name for the name reader. Recording your name pronunciation through NameCoach is optional but encouraged.
#GuelphGrad On Tour is coming home
#GuelphGrad on Tour is coming home! Last year we hit the road to bring a convocation-like experience to Guelph Grads in six cities. The demand in Guelph was very high, so we are bringing it back to campus to give our Guelph Grads a memorable red-carpet experience!
Following provincial regulations, we are required to limit the number of people in the space at any given time. To create opportunities for as many grads as possible, sessions are scheduled for 15-minute intervals. You must be registered to participate.
This event is not intended to be a replacement or alternative to your attendance at a future in-person convocation ceremony.Check out 2020’s #GuelphGrad on Tour
#GuelphGrad on Tour will be on Guelph campus on October 9th, 10th and 11th, and grads are invited to bring two (2) guests!REGISTER FOR A GRAD TOUR
Watch your @uoguelph.ca inbox for details on how to register and a link will be posted here shortly.REGISTER FOR A GRAD TOUR
Whether arriving by car or public transit, please arrive at the W.F. Mitchell Athletics Centre at your registered timeslot. Please do not plan to arrive early as we are limited to the number of people who can be in the space. Ensure you have the required COVID-19 screening forms.
Every Grad Tour participant must provide the following documentation upon check-in:
- A hard copy of your registration confirmation email displaying both your tour date and timeslot.
- U of G’s COVID-19 Screening Form confirmation email displaying the green checkmark. Each grad and guest must provide proof of a green checkmark.
- Show proof of vaccination (a receipt) as well as valid government issued ID.
- A printed copy of the completed Activities Waiver for the graduate AND each guest.
Any participants or guests who do not provide the above documentation will not be allowed to participate.
- Wear a mask (indoors and outdoors) - masks may only be removed for photographs.
- Seek to physically distance wherever possible.
- Regularly wash hands or use hand sanitizer - We ask that you please use the sanitization station upon check-in, as well as at the various other stations along the tour route.
To read more about our safety protocols and how we are preparing to welcome you to campus safely, please visit U of G's Covid 19 website.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or the flu, please stay home.
Regalia is not mandatory to participate on the red carpet but graduates who choose to wear official U of G regalia must arrange rentals ahead of time. Grads will pick up their regalia upon arrival at the W.F. Mitchell Athletics Centre and the regalia may be returned at the end of the red carpet or returned to the University Bookstore before November 15, 2021.Rent Regalia Now
Registered participants will check-in for the Grad Tour at the W.F. Mitchell Athletics Centre.
Complimentary parking will be available in P12, P14 and P15. Accessible parking is available in P12, vehicles parked in designated accessible spots must display a valid MTO tag.
Please visit the Campus Parking Services website for additional directions and parking information.
Tour participants are strongly encouraged to pre-order graduations gifts such as flowers, degree frames, pins and clothing for pick up at the Tour. Limited stock of graduation gifts will be available for purchase at Gryph’s Locker located in Guelph Gryphons Athletics Centre.Pre-order Convocation Flowers Pre-order Graduation Gifts & Degree Frames
Note: Please indicate in the comments section of your order form that you wish to pick up your item(s) at the Grad Tour and the date of your timeslot.
Cancelling your timeslot:
If you need to cancel your Tour timeslot, please contact the Office of Ceremonies and Events with the subject line “GGOT CANCELLATION” and provide your name and the booking date and timeslot you wish to cancel.
Rescheduling your timeslot:
If you wish to change your date and/or timeslot, you must register again to select your preferred date and time, if available, and then cancel your original booking by contacting the Office of Ceremonies and Events with the subject line "GGOT RESCHEDULE”. Please provide your name, the date and time of your new booking and the date and time of the booking you wish to cancel. We do not have a waitlist for this event, spots are filling up quickly and organizers cannot guarantee availability.
Registered Tour participants will be notified by email of any changes to the 2021 #GuelphGrad on Tour Experience, including date postponements or cancellations in accordance with the provincial COVID-19 Public Health framework.
#GuelphGrad on Social
We’ve also created some #GuelphGrad themed social media AR filters, profile picture frames, cover photos and desktop wallpapers to help you celebrate at home!
Capture your moment and tag #GuelphGrad so we can share in your celebration!
Ways to Celebrate at Home
- Purchase a gown, cap and souvenir Class of 2021 stole
- Rent a gown and U of G degree hood from the U of G Bookstore
- Purchase your official U of G degree hood from Harcourts
- Download the #GuelphGrad lawn sign to take to a printer of your choosing
- Check out the Bookstore for gifts to celebrate your U of G grad!
- Book a grad photo session with Edge Imaging in the University Centre