The University of Guelph is hosting a community COVID-19 vaccination clinic in partnership with Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health, and the Guelph Family Health Team.
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health expects to vaccinate at least 75 per cent of the local population over the age of 16 by early August. At its peak, the University of Guelph clinic is expected to vaccinate 2,000 people per day.
On This Page:
- Registering for an Appointment
- Accessing the Clinic
- COVID-19 Vaccination Resources from Public Health
- Access to the University Centre for Other Purposes
Registering for an Appointment
Prioritized groups can register for vaccination appointments through Public Health’s Online COVID-19 Vaccination Registration Portal.
More information about those priority groups is available on the Public Health website. You must have a confirmed appointment from Public Health to receive the vaccine.
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health has expanded its vaccine registration to include certain individuals who are unable to work from home, which may include some employees at the University of Guelph. Visit the Public Health website to learn more about who qualifies for vaccination in Phase 2.
For assistance registering for an appointment, call the Public Health Vaccine Registration and Booking Help Line: 1-844-780-0202.
Registration appointments will be opened to other groups following Ontario’s 3-phase plan for immunization. Members of the U of G community who meet provincial guidelines will be eligible to obtain the vaccine on campus following the province’s plan for immunization.
Individuals with certain conditions (e.g., pregnancy, cancer treatment, previous allergic reaction to a dose of COVID-19 vaccine or a specific ingredient, etc.) must have an appointment with their doctor before vaccination.
Accessing the Clinic
The clinic is held in the University Centre.
- Enter campus at South Ring Road East (from Gordon Street or Stone Road East)
- Park in lot P31 or P42 (accessible spaces) – There is currently no charge for parking at this time. Please remain in your vehicle until 10 minutes before your appointment. P31 is reserved for vaccination clinic parking only.
- If you have accessibility needs, speak with an onsite volunteer to arrange drop-off closest to the University Centre
- Many Guelph Public Transit bus routes stop at the University Centre
- Follow the signs and enter the clinic through the University Centre’s north doors (near Branion Plaza)
Clinic volunteers and signs from the parking lot and bus loop will direct you to the clinic entrance.
Volunteers will assist those with accessibility needs.
COVID-19 Vaccination Resources from Public Health
- Vaccine dashboard - up-to-date vaccination stats for Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph
- Local vaccination planning and updates – announcements from Public Health about vaccination shipments, administration and planning
- Preparing for your COVID-19 vaccination – information for those with a scheduled vaccination appointment about what to do before your appointment, the day of vaccination and after
- Reliable vaccine information sources - information you can trust about COVID-19 vaccines
Access to the University Centre for Other Purposes
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Directional signs are posted within the building for staff and community members.
- The COVID-19 vaccination clinic occupies the main floor of the University Centre, including the courtyard, dining and lounge spaces
Work, Study & Business
- Study space is available in the McLaughlin Library under strict safety protocols
- University staff who have been approved to come to work in the building should enter through the east doors
- Access to commercial businesses is available. Enter through the east doors (the entrance is marked)
- OPEN (inside): Brass Taps (takeout service only)
- OPEN (outside): Caffeine Canteen, Gryph ‘N Grille (food trucks in Branion Plaza)
- CLOSED: UC Starbucks, Subway and Booster Juice (for the duration of the clinic)