The College of Social and Applied Human Science (CSAHS) promotes the University of Guelph's reputation as a research-intensive university. Research in the College reflects many theoretical perspectives and methodologies; demonstrated by our diverse research areas and projects. The College Research Office provides the following resources and support to College faculty and staff:
College Research Office (CRO) Support:
- Vetting applications for compliance with both institutional and funding sponsors’ policies and guidelines
- Searching for potential funding sources
- One on one support in regards to institutional grant applications such as Canada Research Chairs (CRCs) and Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) infrastructure funding
- Mentorship of new faculty hires
- Peer reviews of faculty grant proposals and applications
- Guiding budget development of large collaborative grant applications
- Support for nominations of researchers for national and international prestigious research awards such as the Royal Society of Canada, SSHRC Gold Medal etc.
- Project management of research infrastructure funded projects
- Support and guidance on knowledge mobilization activities
- Enhanced College Research Office Website as an updated resource for faculty
- Over $4 Million revenue in the 2015-16 Annual Report.
- $2,170,381 recieved in Tri-Agency funding.
- $1,956,817 in other types of funding (government, business & industry, not-for-profit & charitable organizations, OMAFRA, private organizations).
- 34 Active Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) Labs (valued at $12.2 million).
- 7 Active Canada Research Chairs (CRC) Holders, including: 2 Tier I; 4 Tier II (valued at $4.8 Million)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Gold Medal 2013; Trudeau Fellowship Appointment 2014; Royal Society of Canada College of New Scholars (Artists and Scientists) Appointment 2014, 2017.
- 3 Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE).
College Research Office Contacts
Location: MacDonald Institute (MINS) 105