CSAHS Wellness at Work
Date and Time
The Interdisciplinary Hub
The College of Social and Applied Human Sciences and the University of Guelph have a full calendar of wellness initiatives and activities that you can take advantage of this semester.
Here are a few upcoming opportunities to help you find balance during a busy start to the school year :
- Vegetable and Flower Market- Pop by the Guelph Centre for Urban Organic Farming on Thursdays to purchase fresh produce grown right here on campus!
- Smoke-Free Peer Support Group- Drop by to speak with U of G community members and a quit coach to talk about challenges and successes on the road to becoming smoke-free.
- Garden Gander- Join a guided stroll through U of G’s gardens with Grounds Manager, John Reinhart.
- Outdoor Yoga on Johnston Green- To celebrate the Fall Equinox, join the Classical Yoga for Total Health and Awareness group for free outdoor yoga over the lunch hour.
- Mental Health Training: Sign up for “Beyond the Books” or “SafeTALK” to learn strategies to support those experiencing a mental health challenge.
- Personal Strategic Planning: Where do you see your academic career in 10 years? Sign up for this in-depth personal planning workshop series specifically designed for faculty.
Also, the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences is launching a wellness series for all faculty and staff over the next year. To get things started, we're hosting a kickoff event to introduce everyone to our goals for the next year. The day will involve sessions on food and recipes, physical activity and a catered lunch! We hope you'll join us in MacKinnon 013, the Interdisciplinary Hub, for events and sessions!
11:45-12:00 Opening Remarks and Welcome
12:00-12:45 Upgrading Recipes
12:45-13:45 Engaged Lunch
13:45-14:40 Tai Chi on the Green (Rain location TBD)
14:30-15:15 Office Ergonomics