Forms & Guidelines

Research Guidelines

Faculty Research Support Guidelines (CSAHS specific):

Please refer to the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences Faculty Research Support Guidelines (Revised June. 2017) for information related to research financial support policies.

Applying for Research Funding (Office of Research)

To find information about the internal application processes for major funding agencies, internal programs, suchs as SSHRC Institutional Grants, Major Proposal Development Grant Programs, sponsorship for research conferences, as well as the OR-5 form and budget tips for researchers, visit the Office of Research guideline page.

Office of Research Review & Minimum Processing Times:

The Office of Research has minimum processing times ("internal deadlines") for all programs and funding opportunities. Visit the Office of Research website for more information.

Research Ethics & Conduct

Visit the Government of Canada panel of Research Ethics for the latest edition of the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans.  As well, researchers are encouraged to visit the Office of Research for information related to Research Ethics/Protection of Human Participants.

Internal Forms

NEW - James Alexander Campbell Nutrition Education and Knowledge Mobilization Fund

This fund is intended to incubate and provide start up support for innovative and engaged nutrition research related to education or knowledge mobilization.  Knowledge mobilization is an umbrella term encompassing a wide range of activities relating to the production and use of research results, including knowledge synthesis, dissemination, transfer, exchange, and co-creation or co-production by researchers and knowledge users. The James Alexander Campbell Nutrition Education and Knowledge Mobilization fund will provide support to a maximum of $20,000.  Awards are not renewable.  Projects must be completed within two years of the confirmation of the award.  Applicants must submits a 3-page James Alexander Campbell Funding Application to the CSAHS Research Office by February 1.  Notifications will be sent by March 15 (Source: Faculty Research Support Guidelines).

Seed Funding (CSAHS specific):

To assist early career faculty as they prepare to seek external funding, the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS) Research Office will administer an annual competition, open to any faculty members who are within 10 years of PhD or within 5 years of appointment at the Assistant Professor level, for 4 awards of up to $5,000 each. Applicants must submit a 3-page Seed Funding Application (PDF file) to the CSAHS Research Office by February 1. Notifications will be sent by March 1 (Source: Faculty Research Support Guidelines).

General Research Fund (GRF) - Grant Exensions to NSERC/SSHRC

To access the application form to apply for the NSERC/SSHRC General Research Fund (GRF) visit the Office of Research page.

Early Set up of Research Account: 

Circumstances may arise where the principal investigator requests access to an account before the required documentation is complete. Vist the Office of Research Services website for the forms and guidelines to request an Early Set up of a Research Account or to request for Early Set up of Research Account for CFI/MRI infrastructure awards.

OR-5 Research Proposal Approval

The OR-5 Research Proposal Approval Form must be completed for all research proposals before submission to research sponsors, and must be signed by the Principal Investigator, the Departmental Chair or School Director, and the College Dean before authorization by the Office of Research.

University of Guelph Grant Agreement

Formerly known as Grant in Aid, the Office of Research provides a template for the University of Guelph Grant Agreement, which may be used with any research sponsor who does not seek the right to restrict or delay the dissemination of the results of the research; does not seek any rights to intellectual property resulting from the research; and does not seek a warranty with respect to a standard of performance.

Research Board Research Grant In Lieu Of Salary

Researchers can access an OR23 Research Board Research Grant in Lieu of Salary application form from the Office of Research.