Student Accessibility Services (formerly Centre for Students with Disabilities)

How to Access your CSA or GSA Benefit Plan

As a student at the U of G you may be eligible under the Supplemental Health Care portion of your Student Health Plan for benefits to help fund the cost of a psycho-educational assessment (completed by a registered psychologist or registered psychological associate).

What do I need to do?

1. Get a referral

Meet with the LD Specialist at SAS to get a referral to a psychologist.  She will discuss various funding options with you, including the Student Benefit Plan and help you start the process. 

2. Obtain a prescription

Obtain a prescription for the services of a psychologist.  Take the letter provided by the LD Specialist to either your family physician; -or- Dr. Caldwell at Student Health Services in the John T. Powell building.  The prescription MUST be obtained prior to beginning the assessment.

Physicians cannot back date a prescription.  Keep the prescription in a safe place until after the assessment has been completed.

3. Undertake the assessment

Undertake the assessment.  Pay the psychologist for the assessment and get a receipt that says "paid in full".

4. Submit your claim

Submit your claim form to your Student Benefit's Plan.  Attach a copy of the receipt along with your prescription.

Copies of the claim forms are available at the CSA/GSA Student Benefits Office, level 1 U.C.


Can I co-ordinate benefits with another plan?

If you have coverage under another plan (parent or spouse) you may be able to co-ordinate benefits between both plans.  In this case, submit your claim to the Student Benefit Plan first, and then to the other plan as directed by your Health Care Provider.

Student Accessibility Services

Level 3, University Centre 50 Stone Road East Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
519 824-4120, ext 56208

FAX: 519 824-9689 Email:


take the south elevator to level 3, then turn left

Hours of Operation

8:15 am -4:15 pm Mon-Fri