Turfgrass Management is a dynamic and growing sector across Canada and throughout the world. Benefit from small class sizes, instruction from leading experts and industry professionals, and enjoy fantastic career opporunitites with impressive employment rates.
This unique two year diploma program will help launch your career in the golf course management, municipal parks operations, sod production or related supply and service industries. You will study a wide range of topics, gaining experience and knowledge through both practical and scientific study. Our hands on approach to learning prepares you to be a knowledgeable, self-reliant and competitive contributor to the growing turfgrass industry.
Graduates will seek employment in a range of fields, from sod production to sports field management.
- Golf course management
- Lawn care specialist
- Sports field management
- Parks and recreation management
- Sod production and sales manager
- Turfgrass and golf course supply and services
Applying to Program
Students must present the following minimum requirements:
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a 60% average or higher in the final year of study, excluding workplace courses.
- You are strongly encouraged to complete College (C), University (U), or University/College (M) course types at the grade 11 and 12 levels in mathematics, biology and chemistry.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum of one year of experience in the turfgrass industry.
- Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also be considered if they will be 19 years of age at the date of enrolment and have been out of secondary school for at least one year.
- To apply to this program, you must complete and submit an online application through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) at www.ouac.on.ca. Follow the instructions to select the Associate Diploma in Turfgrass Management at the University of Guelph.
- In addition, you will need to complete and return the Background Information Form. The form can be found at http://admission.uoguelph.ca/suppforms.
For complete admission requirements information, including national and transfer admission requirements as well as estimated admission averages, please visit https://admission.uoguelph.ca/diploma.
The Admissions Counsellor for the Associate Diploma in Turfgrass Management is:
University of Guelph
519-824-4120 ext. 56056