Card Reader Not Responding
If the card reader does not respond to your I.D. Card/iClass fob the following conditions may be true:
- Some lab doors are configured with an Unlock schedule.
- U of G cards will not be required to open the door during an Unlock Schedule time period.
- Grab the door handle and open the door.
- Determine if there is an issue with the door hardware
- Access at the particular door may not be assigned to you
- Follow up with your department Electronic Access Admin to review your access requirements.
- Have you recently changed STATUS on campus?
- If you were previously an Undergrad student that is now a Grad Student, your iClass I.D. card is no longer valid. Please obtain a new card from the Registrars Office in the UC (Level 3).
- If you are an employee that is now taking courses on campus, please contact the Registrars Office to have your I.D.s reconciled.
- Your iClass device may be damaged
- Please test the card at a door that you know used to work with your card/fob.
- Request your department Electronic Access Admin to test the card for you.
- Request the Registrars Office (U.C. Level 3) to test your card.
- Review the guidelines to care for your card .
- Your I.D. Card may not be equipped with iClass technology
- Your iClass card must be presented on its own to the reader
- Presenting your iClass card within a wallet, purse or backpack may be refused when other cards are detected by the reader.
- Separate your U.of.G. iClass card from other cards.
- Have you recently received a new card, and have found your previous(old) card?
- Only the most recent issued U.of.G. iClass card will be active.
- Old replaced cards reported as lost or stolen will no longer function and cannot be reactivated.
Students can contact their residence porter for assistance.
Faculty & Staff can contact their Department's Electronic Access Administrator for assistance.