Important Application Deadlines
OUAC Application Deadlines
The School of Engineering will accept applications for all programs to start in the fall (September), winter (January) or summer (May) semesters. The deadlines for submitting an OUAC application are as follows:
- For Fall Semester entry: May 1
- For Winter Semester entry: August 1 of the previous year
- For Summer Semester entry: January 1
The School of Engineering recommends that International applicants apply online a minimum of nine months in advance of the semester start date and review the International Credential Guidelines before applying. This is to ensure incoming students have adequate time to obtain a study permit/visa.
The deadlines for submitting all application documents (Statement of Interest/Research Intent, CV, Referee Assessment Letters, passing English language test result) are as follows:
- For Fall Semester entry: June 1
- For Winter Semester entry: September 1 of the previous year
- For Summer Semester entry: February 1
IMPORTANT: Applications that are not complete by the above noted deadlines cannot be considered for admission.
Deadlines for Approved Deferrals
Deferral requests for students who have received an Offer of Admission and have been approved for a deferral to the next term must do so 1 month prior to the end of the application date of the new term:
- Received Fall Offer - deferral application for Winter start: April 1
- Received Winter Offer - deferral application for Spring term start: December 1
- Received Summer Offer - deferral application for Fall term start: July 1
IMPORTANT: Applicants who receive an Offer of Admission and request to defer to a future term are required to email their deferral request to the department. If you are requesting a deferral, please provide documentation verifying your delayed arrival. If the deferral is supported by the department with documentation for the delay, the applicant is required to reapply through OUAC by creating a new application. A change to the application cannot be made once an admission decision has been processed by OGPS.