Work Study Migration Questions and Answers
What is changing with Work Study?
- Starting in late August 2018 students will apply to Work Study positions through Experience Guelph. Students will be directed to Experience Guelph from the current Work Study webpages and through the Experiential Learning website.
- We are asking all Work Study supervisors to tag their positions with common employability outcomes to help students see the transferable knowledge, skills, and attitudes they may develop through the position.
- Students will have the opportunity to do a self-reflection at the end of each semester to have their Work Study experience recognized on their Experiential Transcript.
What isn’t changing with Work Study?
- Reimbursements will remain the same as previous years.
- Students will continue to apply to Student Financial Services for Work Study approval.
- Departments will continue to be responsible for submitting a confirmation of employment form for each student that is in a Work Study position.
- Approvals of new positions will continue to be processed through Student Financial Services.
What is the migration timeline?
The process will begin the week of May 22, 2018 and end on August 10, 2018. July 7 is the deadline to migrate any Work Study positions to be opened in late August.
Should I only complete the online form for jobs I am recruiting for in September?
Please complete the online form for all jobs you hope to offer at any point in the future. After August 10, 2018 we will assume that any jobs that have not been recorded through the migration form will no longer be offered.
What if I don’t know if I am recruiting students for September by July 7?
If you aren’t sure, please complete the online form by July 7 anyway. That will mean it will be ready for lat August in case you do wish to recruit at that time or any time after.
Will I be able to change information I have already submitted?
If you need to change any information submitted prior to August 10, 2018, please contact email@example.com. In late August you will be able to change information directly through Experience Guelph.