WINTER 2020 COURSE SELECTION PERIOD
INCOURSE STUDENTS (Students who have already been registered in U of G courses): Course selection windows for the Winter 2020 semester will open beginning on November 4, 2019 based on the number of credits earned and in progress, from highest to lowest. Further information on selection windows can be found on the Registrar's website.
PLEASE SELECT COURSES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER YOUR WINDOW OPENS. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN NOT BEING ABLE TO REGISTER IN NEEDED AND WANTED COURSES.
If a course is full when you go onto WebAdvisor, please check WebAdvisor again later and register when spaces become available. If it has been a few days without successfully registering, please contact Melissa Turner whose contact information is below. Enrolment of courses is managed by opening blocks of spots at a time rather than immediately opening to the full capacity.
In the Department of Family Relations & Applied Nutrition (FRAN), the Academic Program Administrator, Melissa Turner, is responsible for signing course waivers (for courses requiring instructor consent, prerequisite/restriction waivers in certain circumstances, course overload, etc.). Instructors in the FRAN department do NOT sign course waivers. Melissa's office is located in MINS 247 and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. When asking to be waived into a course, please bring or scan/email your current Program Evaluation available through WebAdvisor.
You can download the Course Waiver Request form, or collect a form from outside MINS 247.
Here's what is helpful to know about getting a course waiver:
- Waivers are not required for 1st year courses. Watch WebAdvisor for spaces to open up.
- Some courses are restricted to BASc majors only. Waivers will not be signed for courses that are restricted in this way.
- For other courses, there are Priority Access restrictions, which may be lifted during the course selection period depending on available space. Details of which courses have Priority Access restrictions are below. Please note that we will not sign course waivers while Priority Access restrictions are in place.
- Generally speaking, courses/sections that are full/closed cannot be overloaded. Spaces are reserved for students who require these courses for their major program of study.
- If you receive a completed and appropriately signed waiver, you will need to submit it to Enrolment Services (UC level 3) for processing during the course selection period. You may also email this waiver to email@example.com at any time during the course selection period. You will not be registered for the course until you have either submitted or emailed the waiver to Enrolment Services and see the course on your class timetable. The last day to submit a waiver is January 10, 2020, however it is strongly recommended to submit as soon as you can.
- If you are requesting a course waiver and are off campus, please email your completed and signed waiver to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org. and she will follow up with you via email. Remember to include your Program Evaluation as another attachment so she can determine whether you can be waived into the course. If yes, she will sign the waiver and email you information on how to proceed.
Priority Access Courses:
Below is a list of courses with Priority Access limitations and other information. This list does not include courses with established prerequisites and restrictions as noted in the undergraduate calendar. If a course is not listed below, it means there is no priority access limitations on it. Continue to check this section for updates to Priority Access throughout the Course Selection period.
*Course information will be updated prior to the course selection window opening on November 4th, 2019.