Summer 2019 Course Selection Period
Course selection windows for the Summer 2019 semester will open beginning on Monday, March 4, 2019 based on the number of credits earned and in progress, from highest to lowest. Further information on selection windows can be found on the Registrar's website.
Please select courses as soon as possible after your window opens. Selection windows open from March 4 up to and including March 8, however the course selection period for 12 week courses will remain open until Friday, May 17, 2019.
In the Department of Family Relations & Applied Nutrition, the Academic Administrative Assistant, Ruth Lesins, is responsible for signing course waivers (for courses requiring instructor consent, prerequisite/restriction waivers, course overload, etc.), rather than FRAN course instructors. Her office is located in MINS 247 and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bring or scan/email your current Program Evaluation available through WebAdvisor to her when asking to be waived into a course.
You can download the Course Waiver Request form, or collect a form from outside MINS 247.
Additional spaces may be opened up throughout the course selection period. Check WebAdvisor regularly and register when spaces become available. Enrolment of courses is managed by opening blocks of spots at a time rather than opening to the full capacity. By Friday, March 8, 2019 most courses will have been opened to capacity.
If you are a BASc major or FCS minor, every effort will be made to accommodate your required courses in your unique schedule.
Here's what is helpful to know about getting a course waiver:
- Waivers are not required for 1st year courses. Watch WebAdvisor for spaces to open up.
- Some courses are restricted to BASc majors only. Waivers will not be signed for courses that are restricted in this way.
- For other courses, there are Priority Access restrictions, which may be lifted during the Course Selection and Add/Drop period depending on available space. Details of which courses have Priority Access restrictions are below. Please note that we will not sign course waivers while Priority Access restrictions are in place.
- Generally speaking, courses/sections that are full/closed cannot be overloaded. Spaces are reserved for students who require these courses for their program of study.
- You may be able to be signed into the course if: (1) there is still room and (2) assessment of your academic preparation suggests that you have the ability to be successful in the course.
- You will need to submit the appropriately completed and signed Course Waiver Request form(s) to Enrolment Services (UC level 3) for processing during the course selection period. You will not be registered for the course until you have done so.
There are no Priority Access restrictions on any of our department's summer courses. (There are prerequisites and established restrictions as noted in the undergraduate calendar.)