Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Office, Clerical and Technical
Communications and Outreach Assistant
Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Ontario Agricultural College
Temporary full-time from January 7, 2019 to December 23, 2019
Hiring #: FARE 005
Please email your application to the Dept. of FARE
The Ontario Agricultural College, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join a research and outreach team.
Reporting to two Faculty in the department, the Research Assistant will work closely with Faculty, graduate students and research associates/assistants to facilitate research outreach, research proposals, reports, and manuscripts for publication.
Major activities and responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage content for website including generating some posts/content.
- Coordinate workshops or symposia.
- Create short summaries of research for broader dissemination.
- Assist in coordinating research proposals.
- Help in writing and editing manuscripts.
- Help in writing research reports (i.e OMAFRA reports).
Requirements of this position include: A MSc in the department of FARE or a MA in Economics. Would also consider undergrads who have strong communication skills.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work on teams
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
Classification Grant/ Trust fund position, Band 5* (Excluded grid)
Normal Hiring Range $23.73 - $26.50 per hour
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2018 12 10
Closing Date: 2018 12 21