Troubleshooting Procurement Card
Lost/Stolen/Damaged Procurement Card
- In the event a PCard is lost or stolen, cardholders should report to US Bank by calling the 24-hour number 1-800-588-8067 immediately and then notify the PCard coordinator.
- In the event a PCard is damaged beyond use, cardholders should call US Bank customer service 1-800-588-8067 to request a replacement card.
- The replacement card will be mailed to the PCard coordinator for the cardholder to pick up;
- Cardholders will be required to sign another PCard Employee Agreement for the replacement card.
Cardholders may dispute charges that appear on their monthly account statement for reasons such as:
- Fraud or misuse;
- Altered charges;
- Incorrect amounts or sales tax charges:
- Duplicate charges;
- Credits not processed.
Cardholders should contact the supplier first in order to resolve any erroneous charges or outstanding issues. Most issues can be resolved in this way. If successful, make sure to get a written confirmation of the credit from the supplier.
For fraudulent charges, cardholder should contact US Bank customer service 1-800-588-8065 as well as the PCard coordinator. The card will be cancelled and a replacement card will be issued.
There are a number of possible reasons why a purchase is declined at the point of sale:
- Incorrect university billing address is given;
- Human error; e.g. an incorrect account number or expiry date is given;
- The total cost of the purchase exceeds the transaction limit for the card;
- The remaining credit limit of the card is not enough to cover the cost of the purchase;
- The item falls under a restricted merchant category code;
- The card has been inactivated by the University;
- The card has been inactivated by US Bank;
Cardholders should attempt to determine the reason and resolve the issue accordingly. To inquire further, contact the PCard coordinator or US Bank customer service.
Goods Return and Credits
If goods need to be returned, cardholders should work directly with the merchant to resolve the problem.
It is recommended that cardholders:
- Retain boxes and packaging until you are certain you are going to keep the goods;
- Obtain a "Return Authorization Number" from the merchant if required;
- Ensure the credit appears on your card account;
- In case of a disputed transaction with the merchant, raise the query with the merchant immediately and report to US Bank customer service within 30 days of the purchase date.