Guelph Food Academy
Online Food Safety Training Program
The University of Guelph Department of Food Science has developed the Guelph Food Academy (GFA), an online interactive food safety training program.
The Loblaw Academy Partnership developed this comprehensive training program and it is now being offered to the global food processing industry. Upgrade your skills, manage your risks and protect your brand! Professionals in food safety, pet food safety, quality assurance, production and management are already talking about our programs.
A combination of quizzes, assignments and participation in discussion forums engage participants and facilitate the implementation of food safety practices.
- Study at home or in your office, according to your own schedule
- Benefit from an interactive and engaging online course format
- Use relevant case studies to address your company’s food safety needs
- Identify current issues and trends and their potential impact on your business
- Virtually network with food industry professionals from around the world
This guide to our online training system will help you see how it works.
Food Safety Core Program (5 months) FEBRUARY 1, 2018: Course Outline
$2,000 plus HST (13%) in Canadian funds. Register
- Regulatory Affairs
- Risk Analysis, Incident Management, Social Media
- Raw Materials & Finished Product Specifications
- Allergen Management
- Plant Layout
- Foreign Matter Prevention & Detection
- Management Commitment
Food Safety Supply Chain Management (6 weeks) starts May 1, 2018: Course Outline
$400 plus HST (13%) in Canadian funds. Register
- Acquire a deep understanding of the principles to conduct an effective assessment of suppliers
- Formulate supplier management options to ensure the safety of ingredients and raw materials
- Propose strategies to get an effective communication with the suppliers
For more information, contact: Food.Academy@UoGuelph.ca
Thinking about funding opportunities?