The next course offering will be held December 4-8, 2017
Held since 1914, the annual Ice Cream Technology Course is the only one of its kind in Canada. Registration is limited due to the hands-on nature of the program.
This intensive week-long course provides participants with knowledge of the ingredients, processing and quality features of ice cream. The sessions examine the technical points of ice cream manufacturing, with an emphasis on the quality of the finished product. Lectures are complemented with lab sessions and demonstrations, and there is ample opportunity for personal contact with the instructor and industry colleagues. The ice cream course has had a long and interesting history
Who Is the Course Designed For?
Small to large scale manufacturers, suppliers and retailers. Of particular interest to those in production, quality assurance, R&D and technical sales. This course is also suitable for those interested in starting their own ice cream manufacturing business, whether they have previous ice cream making experience or not.
News Releases about our Course:
- Milk Production and Composition
- Ice Cream Mix Composition and Regulations
- Mix Processing
- The Freezing Process, Refrigeration and Freezer Operation, State-of-the-art Ice Cream Processing Equipment
- Ice Cream Novelty Manufacture
- Mix Ingredients: Fat and Serum Solids, Sugars, Stabilizers and Emulsifiers
- Ice Cream Flavours: Vanilla and Chocolate, Fruit, Nuts and Inclusions
- Mix Formulations for Standard and Special Products
- Mix Calculations
- Ice Cream Defects and Grading
- Dairy Microbiology and Food Safety
- Plant Sanitation, Post Pasteurization Contamination, Quality Control/ Assurance.
Required Material Provided: Comprehensive course manual and Lab supplies
Ice Cream Edition: 7th, Author(s): Goff, H. Douglas; Hartel, Richard W.
This text is recommended but not required for Ice Cream Technology course. It can be purchased at the University Bookstore or online.
Final Exam, returned with comments from Dr. Goff. Each Participant receives a Certificate of Participation.
$1895 plus 13% HST in Canadian funds
Accommodation is available adjacent to campus.
For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Request Email Reminder for Registration