The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager ensures that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. This individual is responsible for managing the organizations quality assurance policies, establish performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as Identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company operations.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of the Quality Assurance department.
- Provide leadership developing and directing QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Act as primary contact for CFIA, auditors, customer’s QA related queries or complaints.
- Ensure procedures are made available that satisfy Company, Regulatory and Customer requirements for food safety and quality
- Fulfills roles as dictated by Quality Management System and HACCP Program as key person or as back up.
- Act as liaison with customer auditors and assume responsibility for ensuring corrective actions with customer specifications.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the production and technical work performed in the department, laboratory or company.
- Perform risk analyses, verification and validation activities as applicable.
- To authorize release of the product upon reviewing the data provided by QA / SQF Practitioner.
- Responsible for specification approvals for ingredients and products. Ensure product meets the standard prior to release.
- Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with company and GFSI policies, standards, and procedures.
- Coordinate with department Managers for preparation of plant audits performed by governmental and private regulatory bodies.
- Receive and process customers’ quality complaints and provide feedback after coordination with the respective departmental managers and the plant manager.
- Develop and maintain QA reporting and documentation system.
- Other duties as may be required
- Degree in Food Science or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in Food Industry preferably in Quality assurance.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Fully trained in HACCP and GFSI requirements.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, customers, and government agencies.
- Good judgment skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude with excellent leadership spirit.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced production environment.
- We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Original Foods is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the recruitment and selection process, suitable accommodations will be provided upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Sandra Taylor CHRP
Manager, Personnel Development & Recruiting