Purpose of Research and Objectives
Purpose of Research
The purpose of this research project is to determine how agriculture production of winter wheat crops will be effected by changing temperatures and precipitation due to climate change, through the use of various GIS climate change models in Southern Ontario.
1. To determine factors and variables for the project as they relate to crop yield and future climate change
2. To perform a spatial regression analysis to generate a prediction for future crop yields
3. To compare and interpret the anticipated changes for winter wheat under past, present and future yield predictions
4. To compare the future crop yields to current crop yields and economic impact in order to determine economic impact of future crop yields
5. To evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of this approach