Are you interested in pursuing an international internship during your studies?
Looking for advice on how to improve your resume, cover letter or LinkedIn page?
IDS faculty and PhD students with professional experience in this field are here to help! Come chat with us about your career goals or seek help with your internship/job application at the IDS Internship Corner.
Come to our Getting Oriented session!
The IDS Internship Corner offers individual orientation sessions aimed at helping you:
- Decide on the type of opportunities that best match your interests
- Identify career development steps you can take now
- Focus on the right job platforms and career resources
Ask for help with your job/internship application!
IDS Internship applications often use specialized language and unclear guidance. We can help with:
- Feedback on your application form, CV, and cover letter
- Online presentation and social media presence (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- Interview preparation and networking tips
What to expect from the IDS Internship Corner?
- Give you a clear picture of a typical selection process and offer advice on improving your portfolio
- Help you match your interests to appropriate career trajectories
- Offer advice on making the most of your internship and building a reference list for future jobs
What NOT to expect from the IDS Internship Corner?
We WILL NOT:
- Suggest specific internships that you can apply to/remind you about opportunities
- Write the application for you/act as your personal and professional editor
- Write you recommendation letters BUT we will offer advice on whom and how to ask
IDS Internship Corner Office Hours Winter 2019
Office Hours: 9:30 - 11:30 am
Location: 800A MacKinnon Building
Monday February 4th
Thursday February 14th
Monday February 25th
Thursday March 7th
Monday March 11th
Thursday March 21st
Monday March 25th
Thursday, April 4th
Monday, April 8th
Thursday April 18th