Overview for Current Students
Welcome and congratulations on being admitted to Graduate Studies at the University of Guelph. If you haven't been to Guelph before you might want to explore the city, educate yourself on available transit or enjoy local entertainment. What are your next steps in registration and payment of fees? Familiarize yourself with the campus and make sure that you attend New Graduate Student Orientation.
All new graduate students and all graduate students returning following a withdrawal must register in the Academic Integrity Course for Graduate Students. This course must be taken in the first semester a student is registered as a graduate student at the University of Guelph. The course must be completed by the 20th class day. Check it out.
Each U of G college will hold a competitive heat and will send the top two students on to University of Guelph finals on April 3, 2019 in UC 442.This year the provincial 3MT Finals will be held at McMaster University on April 17th, 2019. Start preparing your presentations now and check out the competition schedule for your college on the link above.
Manage your Program
Stay on top or your registration, due dates, applying for scholarships and paying your fees. Along the way, you may order transcripts or use our forms. Completion and graduation will be foremost on your mind as you begin writing a thesis or complete course through to graduation.
You might want to access some of these useful tools in completing your studies:
- Planning for Success in Graduate Studies
- Model Student Worksheet
- Scoping the Research Program
- Developing a Positive Student-Advisor Relationship
- Thesis Completion Calculator-xls
Academic and Professional Skills Training
Visiting/Studying at Another Institution
Guelph graduate students commonly choose to broaden their horizons by learning at other academic institutions in Canada or abroad. The following information outlines your academic options and University procedures about studying elsewhere.
Graduate Students interested in:
- Attending another institution within Ontario as a visiting graduate student will apply through the Ontario Visiting Graduate Student Plan (OVGS)
- Attending an institution outside of Ontario will use the Letter of Permission process
- Learning more about Formal Exchange opportunities
- Learning more about International Study options