Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) Program
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS) program is a provincially-funded initiative to attract the best qualified international students to Ontario for PhD studies. 4 OTS are awarded annually at the University of Guelph.
$40,000 a year up to a total of four years provided the recipient maintains good academic standing and continues to meet recipient eligibility requirements.
Students do not apply. Departments may nominate exceptional candidates to their College Dean’s Office by February 15, 2019. Nominations that are endorsed by the College Dean’s Office will be considered in the university wide competition by the Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (OGPS) Awards Committee. Nominations from the College Dean’s Office are due to OGPS by March 1, 2019.
- Be an international student
- Be intending to pursue a full-time PhD program at the University of Guelph in the upcoming summer, fall or winter semester
- Have achieved an A- average in each of the last two years of full-time study
- Not currently be studying at an Ontario institution
- Not concurrently hold a scholarship offered by any of the following agencies: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST).
To hold an OTS, recipients:
- must maintain satisfactory progress towards completion of their degree
- must register and remain registered as a full-time student (a change in status may result in termination of payments and/or returning funds already received)
- Trillium recipients transitioning to permanent residency status will continue to be eligible for the balance of their OTS scholarship for a total of four years. Transitioning does not infringe upon OTS funding for recipients as long as permanent residency status is not obtained prior to beginning the OTS award.
Contacts & Resources
If you have questions about the OTS, please contact the Graduate Awards Officers by email email@example.com.