English Language Requirements
- May I upload the student copy of my English Language test score?
Yes, the student copy indicating the results of your English Language test score is sufficient for admission purposes. However, a final official copy of the test score must be received by the University in order for you to satisfy this condition of admission. Please have a final official copy of this document sent directly to the University of Guelph by listing the institution code 0892 at your testing centre.
- What is the minimum English Language score required to apply?
The minimum score required to apply to graduate studies varies according to the language test taken. View the English Proficiency Chart for detailed information. Please note some departments have higher English Language requirements. Please review the website of the department to which you are applying for detailed information.
- What is the University of Guelph’s institution code?
The University of Guelph institution code is 0892.
- When do my English Language test scores expire?
English language test scores are valid for a period of 2 years.
- Who is required to provide an English Language test score?
All applicants whose first language is not English are required to submit test scores from a standardized language test. To learn more about acceptable tests and scores view the English Proficiency Chart.