2018 Graduate Photo Competition
2018 PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
The Office of Graduate Studies is excited to announce the return of the Graduate Photo Competition. Enter for your chance to win one of three $500 prizes (1st Place) or one of three $200 prizes (2nd place). Winning photos may appear in the future Graduate Studies View Book, or in other print/online publications from OGS.
This year we want to showcase how Grad Studies at UofG improves life. Enter your images under one of these three categories:
- Grad Life: Capture the fun and excitement upon which UofG prides itself. Show us what it is like to be a part of our Graduate Student community.
- Campus: This campus is amazing, help us prove it to the rest of the world.
- Improve Life: How does your research and/or work IMPROVE LIFE
Judges will be looking for image quality, emotional impact, and creativity – show us what you've got.
Entry Deadline Extended to: June 24th, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST
- Participants must be a currently registered graduate student at the University of Guelph at the time of the photo submission.
- You must submit your entries and photos by June 24th, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST.
- Maximum of 3 photos per category.
- Photos must be at least 1200 x 900 pixels and no smaller than 600KB.
- Minimal digital alterations are allowed (colour correction, contrast, etc.) but compositional changes, as well as added watermarks, dates or signatures will result in an automatic disqualification.
- Remember your audience… photos that are illegal, defamatory, or in any way obscene, will be disqualified.
- Your entries will be submitted through our online submission process, click the clink below.
- Enter your submission online.
- Get Consent. You will require the consent of all individuals who are included in the photo by having each individual complete the Photo Release Form. This form should be submitted at the same time as the application and photographs. If the photo is taken in a restricted location such as a locked laboratory, you will need consent from the individuals who supervises the location featured in the photo.
- The submitted photo must never have been previously published, exhibited publicly, or selected as a winner in any other contest and only amateur photographers are eligible (defined as a person who has never earned more than $1,000 in any year for photography). All photos submitted become the property of the University of Guelph. Entries not complying with these contest rules will be disqualified.
- Entrants grant the University the right in perpetuity to publish and use their photos, as is or as may be edited in the University’s sole discretion, accompanied by the entrant’s full name and name of academic program in any advertising and promotion by the University without further compensation, including but not limited to University’s websites, social media pages, brochures or any form of media in Canada and throughout the world. Entrants agree to assign all intellectual property rights including copyright, and waive all moral rights in and to the photo in favour of the University.
- Taxes on prizes may be the sole responsibility of the winners. If the winner is a minor, such winner’s parent or legal guardian must accept the prize on his/her behalf.
- No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected winners. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the contest judges with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
- By entering the contest selected winners agree to comply with these official contest rules and agree to the publication, reproduction, and/or other use of his/her name, and/or personal photograph or other likeness without further compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the University in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast, or digital.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw or amend this contest in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the University that interferes with the proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these rules. The University reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind without prior notice or obligation.
- The University reserves the right to withhold awards if the entries received are not considered of sufficient standard.