Call for GSA General Director Nominations
Join the Graduate Students’ Association! Nominations for General Directors will be accepted starting Sept 6, 2018.
The GSA is the sole official representative body of graduate students at the University of Guelph. The GSA acts as a liaison between graduate students and University Administration, with GSA representatives sitting on most University Committees, presidential task forces & boards. For more information please visit our website.
The GSA is operated by a Board of Directors, which consists of an elected Executive Committee and up to two (2) elected General Directors from each department and two (2) International Student Representatives.
- General Director term: October 1st, 2018 - September 30th, 2019.
- Attend monthly Board Meetings (held on Wednesdays from 5:30 - 7:30 pm).
- Communicate GSA news back to your department via:
- Monthly Newsletter
- Board Meeting Update Newsletter
- (Rare) communication from the GSA outside of Board Meetings
- Sit on 1 university-level committee and report important points back to the GSA at monthly Board Meetings.
Dates & Deadlines
- Nomination Deadline: October 1, 2018, 4:30 pm (Please submit nominations to the GSA Chief Returning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Campaign Period: October 2 & 3, 2018, until 4:30 pm
- Voting Period: October 5 & 6, 2018, until 11:59 pm
Submit by email to email@example.com:
- Your name
- Student ID
- The name of your academic department
- 100-150 words about yourself
Students in your department will vote for their top choice(s).
Please contact the GSA Chief Returning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.