Call for Chair of the GSA Board Meetings
The GSA is looking for a new Chair!
The Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) is the sole official representative body of graduate students at the University of Guelph. The GSA acts as a liaison between graduate students and University administration, with GSA representatives sitting on most University committees, presidential task forces, and boards.
Major requirements for the position:
- The appointed chair must be a graduate student and current member of the GSA.
- The Chair should have previously served on the Board of Directors for at least six (6) months or have been a past executive member. In extenuating circumstances, preference will be given to candidates with prior chairing or related experience.
The GSA Chair will be responsible for:
- Managing and chairing board meetings
- Writing and calling the motions
- Being knowledgeable on the Roberts Rules of Order
Compensation is $80.61/per meeting
The deadline to send your willingness by writing a short letter describing your experience that is relevant to the role is on August 2, 2021. Please send the description to email@example.com. The position will commence on Sept. 1st, 2021.