Analyst III, Client Productivity
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Analyst III, Client Productivity
Computing and Communication Services
Hiring #: 2022-0748
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Computing and Communications Services (CCS) is the central IT department at the University of Guelph, providing core IT services and technology solutions to the U of G community. CCS has a progressive organizational culture, including a strong learning and development focus, and is committed to its Core Values: Service Culture, Integrity, Individual Leadership, Teamwork, Agility, and Communication.
Reporting to the Manager, Client Productivity, the successful incumbent will be an integral part of the CCS Client Productivity team which supports customer-facing CCS services including Service Desk, Desktop Computing, Windows File and Print Service, Anti‑virus, and Encryption.
As a member of the Client Productivity team, the Analyst III will work closely with the Manager, other analysts, and IT technicians to support the delivery of the services listed above. A critical responsibility of this role is the ability to act as a “team lead” for training and coaching of IT Technician staff and student staff. The Analyst III will lead hiring, training, evaluation of Client Productivity student IT technician staff and will lead technical training for IT Technician staff. In addition to team lead responsibilities the Analyst III will act as liaison to customers to promote and improve the CCS Managed Desktops service. The successful incumbent will provide leadership in terms of developing, documenting, and improving workflows and processes, facilitated by their subject matter expertise in MECM, JAMF, Windows OS, and macOS.
In general, the Analyst III will participate in support for personal computing technology using the device management tools listed above with a focus on continuous improvement of services and processes, and management of small to medium projects. While there will be a diversity of responsibilities, key accountabilities will be analyst support for IT Technicians, co-ordinating and leading desktop onboarding and refresh projects, and development of support documentation for use by clients, technicians, and other support staff.
Requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology field with several years of related work experience in service desk and desktop infrastructure support or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to provide technical training and mentorship to IT technicians and student staff
- Ability to develop, document, and improve standard operating procedures and operational processes.
- Experience in coaching/mentoring/team leadership
- Expertise in use of endpoint management tools included MECM and Intune
- Experience using a service desk application to organize work and track support requests.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
In addition to the required skills listed above, skills and experience in any or all of these areas should be highlighted in your application:
- Student employee, recruitment, training, and evaluation
- Working with systems management software e.g. Microsoft MECM, Intune, or JAMF mixed Windows and MAC environment
- Experience working in IT service delivery where a service desk application is used to organize and track the work (CCS uses BMC FootPrints)
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and/or Apple OS/X operating system
- ITIL Certification, Microsoft Server Certifications, Microsoft Desktop Certifications
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
Position Number 683-015
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
*Tentative evaluation; subject to committee review.
It the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2022 11 16
Closing Date: 2022 12 07 (extended)