Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Hiring #: 2021-0310
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Student Wellness is a department within Student Affairs. We provide leadership in building a healthy campus community and facilitate the development of the whole person by utilizing innovative strategies to promote the student’s optimal well-being and to achieve success in their academic careers. Student Wellness is comprised of several units that work collaboratively to meet the needs of our clients. The units include Student Accessibility Services (SAS) including the Test & Exam Centre, Counselling Services, Health Services, Health & Performance Centre, Sexual Support & Education and the Wellness Education Centre. We are looking for an innovative, collaborative and energetic Associate Director to join our multi-disciplinary team.
Reporting to the Director, Student Wellness, the Associate Director, Student Wellness will operationalize the vision and goals for the department specifically for Student Accessibility Services and Sexual Violence Support & Education with a strong focus on implementation, evaluation and quality assurance. The Associate Director will manage the internal activities providing support and effective change management to unit Managers and staff ensuring continued success. The AD will have direct oversight of goals and objectives as well as the day to day operations of the Sexual Violence Support & Education Unit. They will work collaboratively with the Manager of Student Accessibility Services in the realization of that units goals and objectives. Student Accessibility Services includes both the advising of students and the test and exam centre. Student Wellness values ongoing quality improvement processes. The Associate Director will be responsible for working with unit managers in the collection of program and service data that can be utilized to foster dialogue in the improvement of services, communicate our impact to the broader community and enhance our ability to share our story with stakeholders and the community.
The Associate Director will have a leadership role in developing, implementing and evaluating the department’s Indigenization, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion strategy (IEDI) and ensuring implementation of IEDI into current programs, services and initiatives. In realization of these expectations, the AD will be required to work collaboratively across Student Wellness departments and with stakeholders across the university and the broader community.
Finally, the Associate Director will support and collaborate with the Director in their focus on emerging issues in the broader campus context, aligning Student Wellness with priorities across the division of Student Affairs, partnerships with community agencies, connections with the broader university sector both provincially and nationally, and responding to professional and social trends pertinent to the departmental mandate.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline and a post-secondary degree in Social Sciences or a related field;
- 6 years of progressive leadership experience, working with diverse communities and within anti-oppressive frameworks and sensitivity in working with underrepresented and/or traditionally marginalized populations;
- Previous experience in a post-secondary environment is preferred;
- Experience in working in areas of Students with Disabilities, Sexual Violence or Equity, Diversity & Inclusion are preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of Human Rights in Ontario (Code, Commission and Tribunal) in the areas of disability, the Accessibility for Ontarions with Disabilities Act, legislation related to Sexual Violence on Post- Secondary Campuses and knowledge and expertise of IEDI theory are preferred;
- Experience in analyzing and synthesizing large volumes of data particularly with regards to emerging trends, challenges and leading research. Excellent writing and reporting skills.
This appointment is regularly performed on- campus but will be initially fulfilled remotely (off-campus) until the University resumes its regular operations.
Position Number 598-005
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
*Tentative evaluation; subject to committee review.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2021 07 19
Closing Date: 2021 08 06