Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Office of Institutional Research & Planning
Temporary full-time from January 2022 to December 13, 2023
Temporary absence of the regular incumbent
Hiring #: 2021-0691
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
This temporary, full-time position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced financial analyst who will play a critical role maintaining budget data within a complex financial system.
The Office of Institutional Research and Planning controls and manages the institutional budgeting framework through resource and financial planning which informs the development of the annual University operating budget. Furthermore, the office assists in implementing, monitoring, and controlling budgets within anticipated resources. A key accountability of this role is to use people skills, technology, and information management to foster confidence among the university departments in managing their financial resources.
Reporting to the Director, Budgets and Resources Planning, you will be accountable for detailed analysis, maintenance, controls, and communication of budget information. With a strong service focus and a high level of professionalism, the incumbent will: monitor and analyze the budgets for the University colleges, academic units, and other administrative departments on a daily and monthly basis to determine any potential problem areas; initiate corrective action by working with the departments to create solutions; and lead in the daily maintenance and control of the University Budget data system. A strong commitment to service improvement and participation in systems development and testing are key requirements of the position. This position requires a high degree of tact and diplomacy while dealing with sensitive information. The incumbent must work well in a team environment, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
Requirements of the position include:
- A university degree in a related field along with a minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- A Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (candidates working towards completion may be also considered).
- Notable experience and knowledge with budgeting within a University and government culture, practices and priorities is highly beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP system controls maintenance would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with exceptional tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient computer skills working with Microsoft Office Suite and relational databases.
(Covering) Position Number 061-031
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2021 12 15
Closing Date: 2022 01 31 (extended)