Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Grant & Trust Administrative & Technical
Pathobiology Department, Ontario Veterinary College
Temporary full-time from March 15, 2021 to October 31, 2021
Hiring # 2021-0075
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
The Canadian Wildlife Health Cooperative (CWHC) is a collection of highly qualified people within a cross-Canada network of partners and collaborators dedicated to wildlife health. Our Cooperative includes internationally renowned wildlife disease diagnosticians and researchers, experts in population health, skilled educators and experienced policy advisors. The CWHC is dedicated to generating knowledge needed to assess and manage wildlife health and working with others to ensure that knowledge gets put to use in a timely fashion.
The Ontario/Nunavut Regional Centre is located within the Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph. The Communication Coordinator will staff the CWHC email and toll-free call line and they will provide administrative support to the regional Director to ensure the successful completion of CWHC projects (e.g., track calls, compile data for reports, prepare CWHC blog articles), and assist with other CWHC activities (e.g., wildlife post mortems) as time allows.
- Responding to and tracking emails and calls made to the CWHC email account and CWHC toll-free call line
- Triaging incident reports and providing information about how to submit cases to the CWHC
- Providing information to the public about wildlife health and disease issues
- Compiling data for project reports
- Preparing blog articles
- Assisting with receiving specimens, wildlife postmortems, and other CWHC activities
Requirements of the position include:
- BSc in biology plus up to 1-year prior experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Interest and experience in wildlife health
- Experience working with the public
- Experience with data management
This appointment is regularly performed on-campus but will be initially fulfilled both remotely (off-campus) and on-campus until the University resumes its regular operations.
Classification Grant/ Trust fund position, Band C
GTAT (Grant & Trust Administrative and Technical) Salary Grid
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2021 02 16
Closing Date: 2021 03 02