Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Office, Clerical and Technical
Position covered by the Collective Agreement with USW Local 4120
Admissions Services, Office of Registrarial Services
Temporary full-time from July 5, 2021 to July 8, 2022
Hiring #: 2021-0282
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, the incumbent will help to develop, organize, write, design, and administer communication created for prospective students and associated stakeholders (including, but not limited to parents, secondary school personnel, and college/university advisors). To this end, the Communications Officer will create digital media marketing and communications assets, coordinate mass email campaigns, monitor metrics and success, assist with web editing, monitor and report on web analytics, create digital advertisements, and support the team in Admission Services in the creation of digital recruitment initiatives. They will also assist in writing, editing and developing conventional print communications. This includes market research, writing, photography, editing, layout, printing and distributing recruitment documents about the University, its programs, services and philosophy.
The Communications Officer will work in a team environment and will have their finger on the pulse of all communications within Admission Services, including but not limited to: social media communications; email campaigns; recruitment visit promotion. This will ensure consistent and fluid communications to our markets.
Requirements of the position include:
- One (1) year community college program in related field (university degree in communications, journalism or marketing preferred) and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the student recruitment, academic advising, registrarial or student services environment, public relations, or marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Drupal and Dropbox
- Thorough knowledge of website architecture and navigation, content management tools as well as search engine optimization, and web usability, analytics and reporting
- Excellent understanding of web culture
- Knowledge of the University of Guelph’s wide range of academic programs would be an asset
- Demonstrated excellence in writing for print as well as in an electronic environment, editing, visual design, and production management
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to manage complex and often competing priorities at once
- Innovative thinker with high energy and enthusiasm and able to work with minimal supervision
This appointment is regularly performed on- campus but will be initially fulfilled remotely (off-campus) until the University resumes its regular operations.
Classification USW, Local 4120 Salary Band 5
Normal Hiring Range $25.66 - $28.67 per hour
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2021 06 07
Closing Date: 2021 06 14