Industry Liaison Officer
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Industry Liaison Officer
School of Computer Science, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
Temporary full-time from October 2020 to October 2021
Hiring #: 2020-0254
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
The School of Computer Science is seeking an Industry Liaison Officer to help further connect its new Master’s program in cybersecurity and threat intelligence with industry partners and key stakeholders. The Master of Cybersecurity and Threat Intelligence (MCTI) is a unique, cutting-edge program that offers professionals the potential for a demanding and exciting career in cybersecurity, cyber threat intelligence and digital forensics within the Canadian or global landscape. Graduates of this program become leaders in security analysis and design, threat intelligence, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), intrusion prevention, malware analysis, penetration testing, cryptography engineering and digital forensics.
The primary objective of this position is to build a robust and collaborative partner network that will allow the program and its related research to grow and thrive. Some specific duties include: Connect potential industrial partners with faculty and/or students to develop strong working relationships; organize and attend cyber security events; attend industry functions with the purpose of promoting the program, school and University; play a key role in helping to market the program in concert with the College’s annual recruitment plans and goals.
Key Qualifications include:
- An undergraduate degree in marketing and communications, or a related field (an additional degree in a technical field such as computer science would be a major asset) plus a minimum of two years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of cyber security fundamentals and current issues related to the field.
- An existing professional network within IT or cybersecurity community would be a major asset.
- Relationships and/or event management experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to foster teamwork and collaboration.
- Excellent oral communication, networking, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills with experience in developing proposals and plans.
- Experience with marketing and recruitment practices and initiatives.
- Experience managing social media targeted at large and diverse audiences would be an asset.
- A strategic thinker and planner committed to innovation and creative problem solving.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Results-oriented and committed to a high standard of service.
This appointment is regularly performed on- campus but will be initially fulfilled remotely (off-campus) until the University resumes its regular operations
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2020 08 26
Closing Date: 2020 09 21