IQAP, Accreditation & GA Manager
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
IQAP, Accreditation & GA Manager
School of Engineering, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
Temporary full-time from September 2022 to March 31, 2027
Hiring #: 2022-0618
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
The Institutional Quality Assurance Process (IQAP), Accreditation, & Graduate Attributes (GA) Manager will provide strategic leadership to meet the requirements of the Graduate Attributes and Curriculum Improvement Process (GACIP) in the School of Engineering.
The incumbent will be responsible for managing GA data collection and analysis and completing the final GA report during the year before accreditation. They will manage all aspects of the site visit during the accreditation year, manage data dissemination, and address questions from accreditors.. They will also be responsible for all required follow-up during the year of accreditation (i.e. address accreditors’ outstanding concerns, share feedback with internal stakeholders, complete all items requested by the accreditors, etc.). The incumbent will be responsible for managing the IQAP process and report-writing at the end of each evaluation period, in collaboration with faculty and relevant internal committees.
The IQAP, Accreditation and GA Manager will develop and manage streamlined and cyclical processes and procedures for data mining, data collection, and data analysis. They will be responsible for developing effective communication channels and presentation tools to relay information regarding the accreditation status, tasks, expectations, etc. to faculty and other internal/external stakeholders.
The incumbent will also support major and complex curriculum initiatives by managing and meeting the University mandated processes, procedures, and timelines. They will develop and manage the streamlined and cyclical procedure for addressing gaps in graduate attributes in a timely and continuous manner. They will also be responsible for managing clear and transparent protocols for meeting the University’s IQAP standards at the undergraduate and graduate level, with a focus on the excellence of the School’s academic programs and their continuous improvement.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree (Engineering) and Five (5) years of relevant work experience. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- P.Eng. designation preferred
- Must be familiar with the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board’s (CEAB) graduate attribute approach to engineering program reviews or with the graduate attributes approaches/process in other academic fields.
- Statistics and report writing skills required for Integrated Planning and for internal and external academic program reviews, and reporting.
- Must have some experience in education, curriculum development and design, and pedagogy.
- Strong skills in project management practices, advanced communication and problem solving skills.
- Supervising staff in a union environment.
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2022 08 31
Closing Date: 2022 09 14