Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Admission Services, Office of Registrarial Services
Temporary full-time from August 3, 2021 to November 19, 2021
Hiring #: 2021-0202
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar - Student Recruitment, the incumbents will assist in ensuring that the University meets its enrolment and revenue targets through a strong applicant pool of committed and well-qualified applicants by: developing a personal, compelling and informative presentation about the University of Guelph to Ontario high schools. Liaison Officers will be required to complete extensive, rigorous training which will include presentation skill development and content learning regarding the University’s academic programs and student services, admission policies and requirements, and scholarships and awards. This information is used to deliver engaging presentations, respond to questions, and counsel prospective students, parents, teachers, and secondary school officials. Liaison Officers will also participate in recruitment events, including the Ontario Universities’ Fair, Fall Preview Day and Science and Engineering Sunday. Liaison Officers will also be responsible for: logistics planning for all school visits, reporting and data-collection, completing expense reports, assisting with the production of liaison materials and information; general correspondence; and other duties as assigned.
Requirements of this position include:
- A university degree (preferably from the University of Guelph) and one (1) year relevant experience in liaison, registrarial service, student service, customer service, public relations, or marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking, presentations, verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Professional judgement, tact, diplomacy
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- A valid, full G - Ontario driver’s license is essential; extensive travel throughout Ontario may be required
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
This appointment is regularly performed off-campus in high schools across Ontario but will initially be fulfilled on-campus until the University resumes its regular travel operations.
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
*Tentative evaluation; subject to committee review
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2021 04 28
Closing Date: 2021 05 19