Manager, Finance and Administration
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Manager, Finance and Administration
Ridgetown Campus, Dean’s Office, Ontario Agricultural College
Temporary full-time from June 2023 to May 2024
Hiring #: 2023-0323
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Reporting to the Director, Ridgetown Campus of the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC), the Manager, Finance and Administration will play a critical role in advancing initiatives that support business processes and planning at Ridgetown Campus. The role will help guide the evolution of business planning and reporting for academic and ancillary units including Student Housing, Meal Services, Counselling Services, the Business Development Centre, and more. The role will also work closely with the Associate Director, Finance and Operations, OAC to drive collaborative realignment of budgets, and multi-year sustainability planning, and will provide backup support for the Ridgetown Campus Associate Director of Finance and Operations (Ridgetown Campus). With both day-to-day decision support and project-based responsibilities, the Manager, Finance and Administration has exceptional analytic capabilities, strong policy and process orientation, and project management competencies.
This role offers you:
- A chance to effect change and support a full-service campus by providing project support for initiatives that provide critical decision support to campus and college leadership;
- Membership in a complex organization, whose mission is to Improve Life by inspiring leaders, generating knowledge and creating innovative solutions for food, agriculture, communities and the environment. (https://www.uoguelph.ca/oac/);
- A chance to be part of a team that values and supports professional development and growth, relies on collaboration and welcomes creative solutions to complex problems;
- An opportunity to advance your career in higher education and to develop a rich professional network, reaching across many departments within the institution;
- An opportunity to work in a hybrid environment, including opportunity to work from both Guelph and Ridgetown locations
To assume the role of Manager, Finance and Administration:
- You are client focused and consistently demonstrate a high standard of service that provides an example for those around you and that helps you develop strong relationships;
- You are able to work independently and toggle your focus from detailed analysis to project planning.
- You thrive under conditions of change and can provide perspective on both short-term and long-term resource implications;
- You have advanced knowledge of desktop software, including Microsoft Office, presentation software, databases and other large accounting/business software products that enables you to deliver critical analysis and reporting solutions for a variety of user groups and across disparate systems;
- You have a strong process orientation, with attention to detail and the ability to synthesize information, develop best practices and provide guidance on various and sometimes conflicting policies and priorities;
- You possess an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business or commerce, as well as documented accreditation (CGA, CMA, CA, CPA); a Master’s degree would be a strong asset.
- You have at least six years of related experience, preferably in public sector financial management and reporting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Posting will remain open until filled.
(Covering) Position Number 465-TFT
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2023 05 24
Closing Date: 2023 06 14