Marketing and Digital Content Officer
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Marketing and Digital Content Officer
Alumni Affairs and Development
Temporary full-time from October 19, 2020 to March 31, 2022
Temporary absence of the regular incumbent
Hiring #: 2020-0343
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
The department of Alumni Affairs & Development (AA&D) is a central service at the University of Guelph and supports the University’s mission to Improve Life by building lifelong relationships with alumni, donors and champions. AA&D is accountable for raising money for the institution’s strategic priorities through the identification and alignment of donors and prospective donors. The division has recently undergone a re-organization to support the vision to attract $50-million in sustained annual philanthropic support (over a five to eight-year period) and to be one of Canada’s most sought-after advancement organizations.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Advancement Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Digital Content Officer serves as a resource to the entire department and assists with the execution of the overall strategic communications plan.
Collaborating with team members, the Marketing and Digital Content Officer creates digital content and updates for the alumni website, manages social media channels, co-ordinates email marketing initiatives, as well as researches, writes, designs and produces communications materials. Developing and employing metrics, the incumbent continually assesses the effectiveness of programs and makes recommendations on communications performance.
The Marketing and Digital Content Officer is part of the Engagement Services team and is responsible for:
- Assisting with the execution of an annual department-wide communications and marketing strategy, taking into consideration specific needs of department units and alumni segments.
- Executing the social strategy, creating social content and maintaining the editorial calendar.
- Creating and editing email campaigns and e-newsletters.
- Co-ordinating print and digital communications initiatives and assisting with ad-hoc communications pieces such as brochures, reports, cards, event invitations and newsletters, ensuring consistency with the department and university visual branding guidelines, strategic plans, and fundraising priorities.
- Updating content on the Alumni Affairs & Development website, ensuring information is timely, accurate, and making website revisions or expansion as appropriate.
- Using analytics to determine the effectiveness of email and digital communications
- Developing creative and engaging ideas for print, web, digital and interactive media.
- Assisting with outreach projects designed to build affinity and engagement with alumni.
Requirements for this position include:
- Three year Community College (Undergraduate degree preferred) and two years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of basic fundraising principles and knowledge of social media channels and strategies
- Experience in graphic design, electronic communications such as electronic newsletters, website design, social media, reporting tools and analytics, and print production
- Exceptional and demonstrable written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of website best practices and proficiency in Drupal
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 5 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver), content management systems and constituent databases
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic-thinking, adaptability and flexibility to adjust to multiple and conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Exemplifies a professional, respectful, friendly and courteous demeanor in all interactions
- Excels in a culture of ownership and team support
This appointment is regularly performed on- campus but will be initially fulfilled remotely (off-campus) until the University resumes its regular operations
(Covering) Position Number 391-015
*Tentative evaluation; subject to committee review.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2020 10 13
Closing Date: 2020 10 27